D & G B is your Guide to Australias Creative Country
D & G B Launch Exhibition
This exhibition maps out an exploratory 8000km journey across Australia’s creative country from Brisbane to Hay during the 2022 floods. An immersive experience using photography, video, sound captures and illustrations. Exploring the D&GB concept of creative travel in Australia.
The D&GB artist will be present at the HUB Gallery in Caboolture on Saturday 28th, between 10am & 11am for a meet and greet. Otherwise happy to answer any questions via email or social media
D&GB is your Guide to Australia's Creative Country
IN A NUTSHELL
- Think Lonely Planet crossed with WikiCamps Australia, but mapping out the world of creativity and inspiration in the country across each state
- This guide will highlight the best campsites and locations for photography and art opportunities, and showcase galleries and quirky shops throughout Australia. As well as put a spotlight on emerging and established artists and attractions throughout the small communities across country Australia
- The original concept will be shaped around an online free-access website that will eventually be also available as an app and in print
- This project will work in conjunction with Facebook and Instagram to reveal new locations and share creative information, tips, and inspiring stories
- Collecting data will be on the ground, through submissions, and input from the social media communities
- As a starting point, In October 2022 I will be participating in the Hay Dust and Rust Charity rally to raise funds for remote community health issues. I am taking this opportunity to start mapping out some trails and locations along the 5000km trip
- Dust & Good Bones will be infused with creative photography and artwork, interesting accommodation and campsites, plus some great route suggestions.
- Designed for those who want to make the most of their country experience