The Mission and execution, Lady Musgrave Island
Lady Musgrave Island is a turquoise jewel at the base of the great Barrier Reef ( http://www.lmcruises.com.au/LadyMusgraveIsland.aspx )
To get there we took the comfortable ‘MV Lady Musgrave’ for a day trip, at very reasonable pricing considering what you get:
- 75 mins from Roundhill Head to Lady Musgrave Island subject to conditions
Enjoy 5 hours on the outer Great Barrier Reef
- Snorkelling all day in the protected lagoon
- Semi submarine tour with interpretive commentary
- Two glass bottom boats with 6 metres of coral viewing area
- Guided island walk
- Spacious floating pontoon with an underwater observatory, undercover seating, waterline snorkel and dive platforms, dressing rooms and shower
- Feed the tropical fish – in abundance around the pontoon………. And more, (http://www.lmcruises.com.au/ )
Sounds perfect hay, the rise and fall of the boat was somewhat hypnotic to start…..the crew are almost graceful …….as they glide from one passenger to the next….. dispersing and collecting little white bags as the boat rises and falls with motion (very efficient and subtle).The lower deck was apparently not pretty. There was a lot of just look at the horizon…breath….just look at the horizon…….After two hours of staring at the Horizon my little boy and I were almost in harmony as we succumb(to put it nicely) just as we rounded into calm waters(too late) of the protected lagoon. I recommend the top deck and If I only have one thing to say its IF IN DOUGHT TAKE A SEA SICKNESS TABLET!
All depends on your seaworthiness though my daughter giggled and laughed all the way….said it was like the best theme park ride ever……hmmmm.
Explore the island with us next.